Company Registration process in India & Common Questions of Indian Subsidiary
It is only natural to have questions in your mind regarding foreign company registration process in India. A subsidiary company is the kind of company in control of some other country. The company in control is known as the parent company or holding company. The holding company usually has a majority of the shares of the company. So, it becomes a major shareholder. The holding company has an interest in the subsidiary company.
A few commonly asked questions about Subsidiary and company registration process in India-
- We are a company set up outside India. We want 100% of ownership. Is it possible?
Answer: Yes, you can do that. You can be the parent company of some Indian subsidiary company. According to the law, you can attain 100% ownership by buying all its shares.
- If I want to be the director of an Indian company, do I need an Indian resident?
Answer- Yes. Every Indian company needs to have at least one Indian resident director.
- Even if we keep an Indian director, we do not want to allot any shares. Is that a possibility?
Answer- Yes. It is necessary to include an Indian resident as a director but not as a shareholder. Your foreign company can retain 100% shares of any company in India.
- What are the required documents to start a company and register the same in India?
- Answer- Photograph of all the Directors and shareholders.
- PAN Card of all the Indian Directors and shareholders.
- Apostille ID Proof of all the Directors (Driving License/Passport/Voter ID).
- Electricity Bill or any other utility bill for the Registered Office’s address proof.
- What are the documents required for a foreign director to incorporate the company in India?
Ans. Following are the documents required for a foreign director to incorporate the company in India.
- Identity Proof- Copy of passport
- Additional Identity Proof- Driving License/National ID Card
- Address Proof- Telephone bill/ Electricity bill/Bank statement/Any utility bill, these bills should not be older than two months.
At DBPL, we answer not only your questions but also provide solutions to all your problems. We help with the company registration process in India as well. We build your company from scratch for you. We also take care of the manpower and asset management.